Okay, these SHOULD be pretty nice headphones for $150, BUT there are quite a few caveats that put me off of these. I noticed a few other reviews mention these issues. These issues bothered me so much I returned them. Simply NOT worth the price! First off, I wear...
Okay, these SHOULD be pretty nice headphones for $150, BUT there are quite a few caveats that put me off of these. I noticed a few other reviews mention these issues. These issues bothered me so much I returned them. Simply NOT worth the price!
First off, I wear headphones 12-18 hours a day, 7 days a week. For work, recreation, and to help me fall asleep. I know headphones, and have a decent collection of a dozen or so.
1) HOLY DISTORTION, BATMAN! Listening to music at volumes any of my other headphones can handle (including the cheap-o $30 bluetooth units), these units produce massive amounts of distortion. I cannot believe how bad these are at volumes over 50%! Give it one tonal range to cover, and it seems to do okay, but toss in two or three (like bass guitar and a high-hat at the same time.... or, ya know, almost all music) and suddenly you can''t make out what you''re listening to anymore.
2) The volume roller is EXTREMELY easy to accidentally adjust. I mean, unbelievably easy. I am CONSTANTLY messing with the volume when adjusting the headphones or mic, and since it''s so loose it''s almost impossible to dial in "just the right" volume. Very very annoying!
3) There''s no media controls on these. Why? A push-button volume button combination would easily solve the "too easy to adjust" volume, and allow media controls through long presses.
4) The ear pieces are EXTREMELY hot. I wear headphones quite a bit, but these burn my ears up in a matter of minutes, which makes me adjust or remove them temporarily. This also reiterates point #2 in that the volume knob is ALWAYS being adjusted by accident.
5) These block absolutely no out-side sound, and people often can hear what I am listening to or playing. This doesn''t make sense since the ear-pads don''t seem to allow ANY airflow.
6) The mic disable button turns ON a light........ What? So when your mic is on, there''s no light. When you mic is OFF, such as when listening to music, hanging out, whatever, there''s BRIGHT RED LED on 100% of the time....... Huh???? How does this make sense?
7) the audio volume is easily 1/3 of every other headphone I own. I crank every setting up to 100% just to be equal to 30% on any other headset... Why?
8) mic is garbage!!!! I can''t imagine anyone with any sense of intelligence thinking this mic is anything other than painfully sub par. Everything either sounds tinny, or incredibly digital (like using one of those $5 voice oscillators that make you sound like a robot.
9) while the ear pads do go around your ears, the speaker mesh is too shallow and will contact your ears. This makes it unbearable by itself, but combined with every other issue.....
10) FINALLY the surround sound effect is negligable. Playing the same surround sound tests, I cannot tell a difference between regular 2.0 phones and these. At all. There''s also a VERY VERY VERY specific place you HAVE to position these, or you''ll only hear about 70% of what it''s putting out. Unfortunately the VERY SPECIFIC spot these must be placed is absolutely HORRIBLE. You must bend and fold your ears to position them even remotely correctly.
11) I know I said 10 was the final number, but it brings me to another point. These are so uncomfortable in almost every way. After a short session your jaw will hurt, as the bottoms press right into the hinge of your jaw, your ears will hurt and be sweaty from the complete lack of ventilation (it''s like putting your ears in a wool coat in July in Florida -- a swamp!)
From a company that specializes in headphones, these are full of awfully poor design choices! One of the worst overall headsets I''ve ever owned.
Do not recommend to anyone for any purpose!